I saw Randy on television and other current events
For those of you who don't regularly watch ER (yes, I still watch it even though the quality has diminished dramatically in past year), I wanted to let you know that Randy's episode was last Thursday. I'm sure you saw it, Amanda-- but Randy did a good job. I was actually watching it with several people, and I proudly told them that I knew the actor indirectly :)
In other news, I wanted to share a sort of sad current events fact with everyone. One of the topics we're discussing in endocrine this block is the thyroid, and we had a couple thyroid cancer lectures last week. All of those lecturers mentioned that most thyroid cancers are relatively curable, with the exception of anaplastic carcinoma, which is "among the most malignant of all human tumors, with death occuring from massive local infiltration in weeks or months." At the beginning of the week, all the lectures were speculating that this is the cancer that Reinquist has because of some of the treatments he is undergoing, and at the end of the week, one of my classmates said that she read in some news article that Reinquist does in fact have anaplastic cancer. So the prognosis doesn't look good . . .
What is everyone up to for Thanksgiving?
Labels: Jenny

1 Comments:
You know the new nurse? I don't remember her name. She went to my high school! I didn't know her though, but I knew she looked familiar. . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home