Defender of the Universe
My absolute, most favorite cartoon tv show as a wee child is being turned into a movie. I'm not quite sure to be seriously thrilled or seriously disturbed. AND they are turning Rent into a movie too. I'm not sure how that's going to translate onto the screen; the trailer looks aweful, but as always, the music is great.
So yes, it's way long overdue for an update. Believe it or now, I've been actually so busy at work these last few months until just today, when one of my projects got axed. Now, I now have free time again. Very weird - when it rains it pours. When it dry, there's not even a drop.
So, where did we leave off last time we visted the sweeping saga that is my life? No just kidding. But, it has been a long while. Here's a synopsis -
May:
Ran Bay to Breakers. Super fun.
Went to Seattle for Memorial Day weekend and had the BEST weekend ever. Spent the entire long weekend bumming with high school gal pal and fellow Oterogan, Katy. Went to this utra-hip bar lounge/music venue during my first night there with Katy & reunited with the 3rd floor girls (Anna, Misty, Sophia, and met Misty's friend Matt) as well as Echerng, Yu-Chuan & their friends. Of course, everyone weirdly knew each other from six degrees of separation from college. Talk about a small world. Then, Anna invited all of us up to Hood River for the weekend, and I learned how to wind-surf! Yes. How cool am I? (But only because Anna was super cool for teaching us.) Then, spent all Monday hanging out with Tim, who was the ultimate tour guide & showed me all the Seattle sights. Of course this weekend would not be complete without out the BBQ. Matt, who I had just met Friday, invited all of us Otero gals to his house for the BBQ, and I dragged Tim & Yu-chuan along too. Again everyone already weirdly knew each other from some connection through college. But overall, what did I tell you? Best weekend. EVER.
June:
Worked like a a madwoman, but really liked what I was doing for a change!
Took some business strategy classes. Yes, I'm a nerd, but you knew that.
Saw Les Miz. Finally. Amazing music, and we had the best seats. I was about 4 rows from the front. It was so close, I had to pan across the stage, because I couldn't see the whole stage at once. Too close?!?
Caught up with Cynthia Chen when she was in town. She's still sweet as ever and doing a PhD at Dartmouth, where Ben is an Associate prof there.
Some more working like a madwoman and starting to get a little tired.
Bought the Phantom DVD and watched like 3 times. I don't know why.
July:
Relatives visiting. Some for the first time in a decade. Others for the first time ever. Played crazy tour guide, driving them everywhere. Surprisingly, it was a lot of fun; I had forgotten that we've got some really nice places to visit or sight see here. Got to bond with my cousin, which I am amazed we did in spite of the language barrier. Twas fun.
Had lunch with Maureen. Remember her?? Still passionately insane as ever, but it was fantastic to catch up with her. She's a resident in radiology and told the most crazy story about being picked up by Jude Law in the city. Being Maureen, I actually believe her. Remind me to tell you guys about it.
Played volleyball for the first time ever since high school PE. Had to take a moment to get over the bad memories of PE and dodging the ball. Once I did, I actually got some decent plays in!
Spent a fun filled day at the beach with Florence, Sha, Walter & May Ling for May Ling's birthday. Perfect weather; complete with yummy gourmet picnic food, Dippin Dots, and football with a real ball, none of that sissy nerf crap. I discovered that I was actully good at catching and intercepting! But May Ling was the quarterback. She even showed up some random guy that was trying to impress us with his sissy-ass throw. It was so funny.
Ok. That synopsis wasn't as short as I thought it would be, but I think that wraps up the last 2 months for me. I know a lot of you have been busy with new jobs and studying for exams. But let us know how you've been! Start posting away!!
Labels: babs

1 Comments:
Hey Barbara! Sounds like you've been having fun! I am so envious of your adventures and trips and sportiness!
Post a Comment
<< Home