Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Aloha Oe

Had the best vacation EVER!!

Spent a wonderful week in Maui with Amanda, Marisa, and Angela. We were lucky -- the weather was nice and got progressively better each day. It didn't rain until the day we flew out, which was funny because it was sunny the day before.

We spent the days lounging around on the beach, reading lots of books and swimming. We also went shopping in Lahaina, ate lots of sea food, did a snorkel cruise to Molokini, took a surf lesson, got a massage at a spa, hiked to 2 waterfalls, did a luau, bar hopping on Front Street and more shopping at Wailea. What a beautiful island and I couldn't have spent it with better friends!!

My favorites were the people we met along the way. The snorkel boat crew (esp. the guy that would dive down to wave at the turtles), the crazy surfer dude instructor, the photographer, the bartenders, our luau table mates from Texas...

My favorite activity by far was the surfing. Everyone was a total natural...Yes, even you Amanda!!

Some photos below:

Learning the moves on the beach with a surfer dude named Armadillo (yes, he did call himself that). He was crazy, but he ended up be super nice when we were in the water.

And....

...Ta-da!! Look at me surf!!

Here's me looking super cool as I ride my tiny, tiny, tiny waves.

For a great sampling of our trip, Marisa posted a few pages of some great photos on her Flickr site.

Amanda/Marisa/Angela = I totally miss hanging out with the three of you! After coming back, it made me realize that I kinda miss having room/house mates.

Jenny/Bonnie/Char/Heather = we wished you were there! We'll have to try to do something like this every once in awhile, even after everyone gets married... married! eep!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Check out Barbara tearing up the waves! Awesome. I put the pix in the mail so expect them this week. I sent them to your office since I couldn't find your home addy.

3/26/2006 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home