Materialism vs. Obsession
You know me and my obsessions. Lastly, it's been an obsession with things I cannot afford. Materialistic, I know. But with how work has been going on the last few month, I keep thinking I should treat myself to something nice. Baadddd idea...
Last month, it was an obsession with Anthropologie. The months before it was with Coach handbags. Now it's a close tie between the pottery barn bear and Tiffany rings (flower ring, heart ring, more rings), with me leaning more toward the bear. Sooo bad...funny, I had always thought I'd have a boyfriend to buy me these things, but I'm feeling very Independent Woman lately (The shoes on my feet/I've bought it/The clothes I'm wearing/I've bought it/The rock I'm rockin/'Cause I depend on me...)
Only I really can't quite dish out the money...ooo, I need to find a new obsession. Fast. I can feel the Corporate World turning me into one of those materialistic IKEA loving drones like in Fight Club. Help! =)
Moving on, two bands I've been dying to see are coming to the Warfield in Oct. Each within a week of each other. I. AM. SO. STOKED! Switchfoot and Yellowcard. Should be awesome shows. Char...I send you an email about this, even though I know you're going to be in WA. Everyone, remember the Matchbox 20 concert?? And the Ninedays/VH concert at Stanford, where I just about fainted with excitment? Those were some good times. Anyway, I'm trying to organize a huge group to go; Stanford ppl, work ppl, random ppl...hey, if you gals can fly out for it--! (Wishful thinking, I know, but I can dream, can't I?) =)
Labels: babs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home