opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
I prepare for interviews by blasting "Lose Yourself" as I dress in a suit and pumps and pearl earrings. It gives me that crucial edge of confidence. "You can do anything you set your mind to," Eminem counsels. YEAH! This world is mine for the taking!
The attorneys asked me to describe myself in three adjectives. For some reason, my mind flashed to Chi O rush when we had to vote on 5 adjectives that described our sorority. (Anyone remember this? Vivacious was one. What were the others?)
I became aware of the silence in the room as the attorneys gazed at me expectantly and I blurted out in a panic: "Hard-working! Friendly! Fun!"
Marisa, did you really just say that these attorneys should hire you b/c you're FUN?
I should have just said, "Brilliant! Sexy! And - humble!"
Ugh!
Labels: Marisa

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home