Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Second Debate

So we've been getting daily e-mails this week about campus security because the second debate is going to be held on the Wash U main campus. There was a lottery to get one of the few student seats at the debate, but I didn't enter b/c I don't have much luck with lotteries. Besides, some friends and I are thinking about going to Six Flags fright fest if it doesn't rain tomorrow night. I'm not really a big fan of the debates-- hearing both of them talk makes me mad that I have to vote for one of them (and convinces me that we need more than a two party system). However, some of my friends may have a brief TV presence-- one of them will be an usher (you had to write an essay for that position) at the debate and another of them is organizing a Global AIDS protest. I'm in the HIV/ AIDS interest group that is protesting, but I don't think I'd make a very good protester.

Turning the subject away from politics, I've come to the sad realization that I actually do need to learn about the heart, lungs, and kidneys now since I don't think there's any specialty that doesn't require knowledge of these organ systems. Since I got back from a camping trip last weekend, I've told myself a dozen times that I have to get more work done, but starting this weekend, I'm going to be serious . . . really :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

I found the town hall format of debate very interesting - I was in England 4 years ago and paid no attention to the campaign. This year, of course, I am obsessed! This weekend I walked door to door urging Democrats to vote NOW - Nov. 2 promises to be a day of crazy long lines so voters shouldn't wait.

My favorite part of the debate was when Bush, in all his wisdom, calmly explained that he would not appoint a justice who would write things like the Dred Scott decision. I'm really relieved that the American public finally knows Bush's stance on slavery. WHEW!

10/10/2004 1:02 PM  
Blogger char said...

You know what? I'm getting a little obsessed about the debates as well. I love watching them! (Or listening to them, as I had to do with the first debate.) It is true though, we need a multi-party system!

10/10/2004 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home