Friday, July 29, 2005

open up my eager eyes

So the bar sucked... Studying every day all day for two and a half months makes you a total nervous wreck. As predicted, the bar exam was ridiculous and insane. (Not only do we have to know 15 vast and complex areas of law in TRIPLICATE - state law, common law & modern view - but they test on the teeniest, tiniest nuances. It makes you crazy.)

It's not even possible to describe how awful my summer has been. The exam is torture but the process of studying every waking moment for months is inhumane. During the last month, the stress turned me into a shrewish homicidal maniac who burst into tears approximately five times a day. (It's been a great introduction to Joe and me living together - I've been totally unbalanced. I was like: NO I CAN'T UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER, I HAVE THE BAR!!!!)

I got drunk with my friends the night after the exam and despaired that now I had to find a job. I dread having to slog through the job-hunt process and I'm worried about running out of money and repaying student loans.

Then something AMAZING happened...

I was passed out basically all Thursday with exhaustion. I checked my messages when I woke up. I had a call from a judge I had interviewed with two weeks ago... And she offered me the clerkship!!!!!!

She's on the criminal bench so I'm excited about getting to watch all kinds of juicy murder trials (including a very famous trial coming up that involves a dr hiring a hit man to knock off another dr).

The terrible news is that now I cannot go on vacation to San Francisco or Tahoe! I was SO looking forward to enjoying good company and a break from this unrelenting heat, but clerks only get vacations when judges go on vacation. I'm so disappointed! The idea of that vacation was seriously the only thing keeping me going through this stressful summer.

So I hope the worst is over and I'm going to embark on an awesome job that makes it all worthwhile. I open up my eager eyes... 'cause I'm Ms. Brightside!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home