Thursday, January 05, 2006

Engaged!

NOT. Thank goodness. But congrats all the same to Jenny & Marisa. Within a week of each other. CRAZY!

So my last post was back in August!?!

Oy! How does time fly! I cannot believe that it's already the new year.

I have no other lame excuse except that works was INSANE the last few months. I went from having too much free time to having none. But it's not all bad, I actually enjoy what I do this time around. My current company is actually pretty good about recognizing and rewarding work. Plus, I got to travel a bit for work, which made me feel important and the project a little more exciting. So save the ever revolving management and organizational changes (and there are so many, surprisingly) life is good on the work front.

The Low Down on the last 4 months or so:

September - Went to San Diego to visit my brother over labor day. My god, SoCal is like a different country from NorCal. People, places, attitude, style. I saw 2 Bentleys!! I didn't think they actually excited except for MTV Cribs. But it is beautiful down there, particularly the beaches. I felt like I was on the OC. I think I may like to live there in my old age...but then again, maybe not, it is rather homogenous.

October - Vacation month! I went to Spain, Portugal, and Gibralter for 2 weeks. I. Am. In. Love. What an amazing country, I was ashamed that I didn't know the history better before going, but I so want to go back to Spain. I can't really compare it to Italy, but it is worth going if you've never been. Places I went to: Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Granada, Torremolinos, Mijas, Gibralter, "La Mancha", Sevilla, Lisbon, Fatima, and Salamanca. The people there hardly spoke English, but were very kind & patience as I stuttered through my poor poor Spanish (so sorry, Srta. Danielli, I should have paid more attention in class). I didn't get hassled at all, like I did in South America or Italy, for the most part was treated very well even in the bars. Most people didn't blink an eye even though I was clearly a minority there. The men are incredibly good looking (even hotter than the Italians, think brunette with blue eyes!). The nightlife lively and fun. The architecture is fantastic in the south, and heavily influenced by the Moorish heritage, in fact some of the signs are in both Spanish and Arabic still. My favorite places was La Mesquita in Cordoba, La Avenida de las Americas in Sevilla, Lisbon, and Salamanca. But I go on. I will stop boring you all.

November - Work, work, and more work. I got to travel to SF, Seattle, & Chicago for work - hence the feeling important. Saw the 2nd floor Otero boys with Char after Big Game. Was so nice to see them all (Ryan, Ken, John, and especially Maulik & Bill). Other than that, not much to say. Saw a bunch of movies. Hmmm...what did I do in November??

December - Best month ever. Went to my company's very swanky holiday party with my friend Armen. It was totally over the top, rented out and decorated City Hall, complete with amazing food like roast beef, real sushi, and a 5 tier chocolate fondue fountain! Heaven. More celebrating - BBQ, Sushi Dinner, Karaoke!?!? Had a birthday/holiday potluck party at my apartment. It was the best party ever, complete with amazing food that I clearly didn't make and fantastic company. Celebrated my birthday AGAIN at work, it was a surprise. Xmas with the family. Post holiday celebrating with high school friends and New Year's in Berkeley. I just love the holidays, but so sad it's over. 12 months till next year...


That about wraps it up it up for me. Please all post a little something so we know what you are all up to.

To the right is a photo from Portugal! I'm still looking for a site to host all my photos & I'm just trying to select the critical few so I don't bore you with my hundreds of useless scenic photos...give me a few more months...it will take me a while but it will happen... =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home