Being on call every 4th night really messes with your ability to Blog
So, once again, I think I blinked and a whole month passed. I'm almost done with my first month of Internal Medicine now. The pace here is less frantic than it was in surgery (i.e. instead of inhaling a granola bar between cases, I usually get to eat a real lunch), but students are expected to do a lot more note-writing and there's call every fourth night. Luckily, I have a great team. My attending is one of the Chief Residents, and she's great at inpromtu teaching. My resident and the interns also let students get really involved in patient care. Anyway, I think I could definitely see myself doing the things that my team does as a career, and I went into third year leaning toward Internal Medicine (probably b/c that's what all the coursemasters and administrators I worked with did). However, part of me does miss the crazy pace of surgery, and I haven't found something that excites me quite as much as sports orthopedic surgery did. Oh well, I still have a while to figure things out.
That said, I don't have too many other interesting things to report. I've been spending my one day off a week hanging out with other med students and watching football-- for the first time in my life, I let someone talk me into joining a Fantasy Football league, which is amusing since I have very little time to maintain it. But I do get the whole weekend off next week and we're thinking about taking a road trip to Chicago.
Anyway, apologies for the short update. I'm starting to my ambulatory medicine rotation (just 10 hours of clinic four days a week) next week, which will leave me more time to do fun things that I could share in a Blog.
And now for some personal messages:
1) Amanda and Marisa (and Char)- Your birthday presents will be a tad late this year, but they are coming-- I promise :)
2) Heather- Great to hear from you! Your dog is super cute! My little sister is at UT now, and I might be visiting her at the end of October. I'll give you a call if I do.
3) Babs- Have a great time in Spain. Send us pictures!
4) Bonnie- How's your intern year going? I hope they don't work you as hard as they work the surgery and medicine interns here.
Labels: Jenny

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home