Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Miracle of Life

Sometimes, life just isn't fair . . .

While Amanda, Marisa, Babs, and Angela were learning to surf in Maui, I was stuck in the hospital working 14-15 hour shifts on Labor and Delivery. On the plus side, I now feel like if I were the only person on a plane with medical training and someone was going into active labor, I would have some vague idea of how to help if there weren't any complications. Despite the long hours, it was a good experience. However, I don't think OB/Gyn is for me. I just don't find that part of the body that interesting.

Anyway, I'm now in the part of my third year where we're expected to choose a specialty. My problem is that my interests are all over the place. Sometime between my last Blog post and now, I decided that I really, really enjoy psychiatry. I think it's the English major in me-- the patients all have amazing stories/ delusions to share, and this is the only specialty where you're supposed to spend lots of time just talking with your patients. But at the same time, I still enjoy procedures and want to go into sports orthopedic surgery. And then there's still a chance that I would want to do internal medicine. Being the decisive person that I am, I'm just ridiculously confused.

That said, there's another area in my life where I haven't made much progress decision-wise: the wedding. Marisa- I have to talk with you sometime to hear all your secrets for getting things done. All I know so far is that the plan is for an early April 2007 wedding in St. Louis.

Hope things are going well for everyone, and that you're being more decisive in your life than I am! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home