Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back to the Old Grind (sort of)

So after a month at Stanford and then a FABULOUS weekend at Marisa's wedding, I got sort of used to seeing you all on a semi-regular basis. I can't believe that, before this, I hadn't seen most of you in over two years.

Anyway, not too much to update since I have seen most of you recently. I really enjoyed my hand surgery rotation at Stanford. I got to work with this talented, young hand surgeon, and I also got a pressure-free glance into the world of plastic surgery. Stanford is definitely one of my top residency choices right now, and getting to see many of you more often than I do now is an added bonus.

Since I got back from Stanford, I've been trying to do some pediatric orthopedic research, plan my wedding (since Amanda's planning totally puts me to shame), and schedule residency interviews. My research is interesting, but doing chart review can get mind numbing after a while. Luckily, my mentor is great, and he doesn't mind that I've somewhat moved into half of his office with all the charts and paperwork. As for the wedding, John and I actually took some engagement photos last week (yes, I know it's been a year since we got engaged, but . . .) Save the date cards should be coming soon-- assuming we got one good picture in that mess of several hundred. Finally, there's the whole residency thing. Interview offers are now trickling in, and I actually need an Excel spreadsheet to organize things. I'll update again in a couple weeks once I've heard from most places. Wish me luck.

That said, I'm now off to go try on some wedding dresses. The fact that Marisa looked totally GORGEOUS in her dress is a total inspiration to future brides everyone.

--Jenny

P.S. For those of you who took pictures at Marisa's wedding, please send them when you have a chance.
P.P.S. Marisa-- can't wait to see honeymoon pics!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home