Saturday, July 15, 2006

what i need is a good defense

Yesterday was my last day of work! Feels weird to leave, it's hard to imagine it will be someone else managing courtroom 678. I snagged myself a terrific job as an attorney and I am delighted beyond words. I start next week - no rest for the wicked. (Don't want to give details on the Internet.)

It's been a very intense year with the big famous trial and every other trial. Every day was an unforgettable experience that changed my view of the world - every day we encountered rapists, child molesters, dads who shake babies and moms who do crack to induce labor, deadbeat dads, mentally ill felons with delusions of running for president, meth addicts who burn down homes in revenge, drunk drivers who kill people on highways, drug dealers who hide their stash in infant formula cans. I've learned that every criminal, even the worst rapist or child molester, truly believes that he is a good person. And I've learned that you can't take hope away from someone b/c sometimes it's the only thing they have. And I've learned that no matter how bad my day seems, many people have it much worse.

Like I said, it's been an intense year.

The day before yesterday Joe and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. That is also hard to believe! Three years ago I was relaxing by the pool when he swam over and changed my life forever. In the blink of an eye, everything was different.

Two of my bridesbabes had birthdays last week so I partied with them in Phoenix. It's been ages since I've been out getting my dance on and my drink on. Makes me so excited for Vegas!

And my last bit of news is -- we have chosen a honeymoon! You see, this was the groom's responsibility. Since I was doing all the wedding planning, we decided it was his job to plan a fantastic honeymoon extravaganza. And then I saw no progress by him and he would say, "It's a surprise," and I would mutter, "Yeah, the surprise is we aren't going anywhere!" So it's very thrilling to find out we have plane tickets and hotel reservations for a week in St. Kitts. I am dying! Cannot wait.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home