Friday, August 13, 2004

it's too darn hot

This is a sad story.

So you know I bought those enticing massage bars at Lush. I was most excited about the one called "After 8:30" - the package promised a "sinfully sweet white chocolate & minty dark chocolate seductively blended with mositurising cocoa butter for stimulating after dinner massage." Sounds good to me!

Except I live in Arizona. And it's the summer. And it's mercilessly hot. And my chocolate massage bar MELTED ALL OVER EVERYTHING IN MY SUITCASE. And you can imagine what melted chocolate looks like on underwear and jeans and etc!!! So basically I spent $10 to pour chocolate syrup over my wardrobe.

I am in despair. At least it smells delicious.

P.S. Once I figure out how to post photos, I'll do so.
P.P.S. Amanda's right - you can't wait for a guy to buy you what you want. Recently Joe spent half an hour telling me all the reasons why he'd never buy a diamond - the evils of the diamond trade, the conniving de Beers cartel, the way they stockpile diamonds to raise the prices, blah blah. I quite admire his ideals, but it's not exactly what you want to hear from a boyfriend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to read that your 8:30 Lush bar was melted. Perhaps Char will be nice and help replace it as we will be visiting Lush in Vancouver. My personal favorites are the solid shampoo bars but they have lots of new chocolate oriented products. Honey stuff seems to be in this month, too.

-freecia
(of http://www.fuzzystingray.com/blog aka Char's other blog o' friends) (and a Lushite fanatic)

8/17/2004 12:16 AM  
Blogger babs said...

I've found a new obsession. Lush Bath Products! Although, right before your post, Marisa, I was at www.lush.com checking out the soaps and massage bars. There was a disclaimer on the massage bars that had the following note: "Melt Warning! Products marked with this symbol are not guaranteed to arrive solid in the summer/warm months. Ship at your own risk." I hope the soaps made it ok!!

8/17/2004 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home