Saturday, October 23, 2004

There's a place off Ocean Avenue

Lately, I feel that life is just flying by, and I've just been too sleepy to keep up. I really should start going to bed earlier. =)

In any case, I went to the most rockin' concert last weekend with Patrick and a bunch of his buddies. Much anticipation on my part because I love Yellowcard and had really wanted to see them in concert. Patrick was the only one in the area who was a good sport about coming with me and rounded up a group to go with us while he was at it. As you may know about me at concerts, I was going absolutely nuts and had a blast. And, just so you know, I am in love with the violinist in the band. His mad violin skills and adorable concert antics have stolen my heart.

Another much anticipated event was my friend Steph's wedding. It's finally happened yesterday (Friday, October 22). I have to admit, I had pretty much been going with the flow and hadn't really thought that my role in the ceremony was a huge deal until the rehearsal. When we started to practice walking down the aisle, I started to freak out. In fact, all the bridemaids did. The night between rehearsal and the wedding day, we all couldn't sleep with nightmares of missing our hair appointments or tripping down the aisle. Trivial, I know, but I think it was really masking our real anxiety behind the fact that our friend Steph, that one of us, was getting married. But it was a beautiful wedding, and the reception was so much fun; lots of good food, great company, and mad dancing going on. It's also one of the very few times I was all gussied up--make-up, hair, dress, and all. Check out some of the preliminary photos I've got at the following website: At Steph's Wedding (<-- Click on the link). Unfortunately I wasn't able to take very many photos because I was in the ceremony and busy socializing that I forgot to be the obnoxious photographer that I usually am. But the photos will give you small idea of what the wedding was like.

The best part of this wedding was that all our high school friends came home for this wedding. So, it was very much a reunion of sorts for us kids who grew up with Steph. I had some really refreshing conversations and catch ups with a bunch of old friends that left me with a warm, feel-good, holiday feeling. After so many months of build up, the event is over, and I have to admit, I'm suffering from a little post-party depression. I don't have anything to look forward to now! So very sad. Ah well, life goes on.

Anway, enough about me. Ladies, what have you all been up to lately?? Fill us all in with a post or two!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Hey Barbara! You look gorgeous! I love your hair and your elegant dress! Such a pretty rich color - did you get those dresses at David's Bridal? They look similar to my bridemaid dress.

Also I like Steph's dress - very modern, very chic!

10/24/2004 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home