Sunday, December 05, 2004

More Missing in Action

First of all, I want to congratulate Babs on finding a new job and to thank her for sending that sweet e-mail saying good luck on finals. How is the apartment hunting going, Babs?

Anyway, I am back to living in my carrel for the next two weeks. My first exam for the block is on Friday (the day after my birthday, sadly) and then I have four the following week. Right now, I'm studying GI (gastrointestinal diseases), and our coursemaster had a fun quote that I thought I'd share with everyone:

Your digestive system is your body’s fun house, whereby food goes on a long, dark scary ride, taking all kinds of unexpected turns, being attacked by vicious secretions along the way, not knowing until the last minute whether it will become a useful body part, or ejected into dark hole by Mr. Sphincter. You must be careful about what you eat, unless you want your body making heart valves of things like bean dip. (Dave Barry)

Now on that happy note, what are everyone's plans for the holidays?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

My December plans involve Mass Media exam, Enviro Law exam, a short story (for Law & Humanities!! how fun!!) and a crazy-long paper re: hermaphrodites!

Vessy is spending Christmas with my family, I'm looking foward to seeing her. No real other plans - sometimes Joe and I meditate on spending New Year's Eve in Mexico or skiing in New Mexico but take no action.

What are you doing for your birthday besides studying?!

Dave Barry is the funniest.

12/05/2004 3:29 PM  
Blogger babs said...

Thank you Jenny!! I'm just really missing you gals. I've been a little stressed out with the holidays, and everything that is involved with finding a new apartment and new furniture. The irony of it is, I can't move in to my place until the new year. Anyway, I did find an apartment, so all you gals have a place to crash if you come visit me!! No holiday plans excite the usual Taiwan family trip and then moving in to my new place...

12/05/2004 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home