Seattle update
Howdy! I know I'm a terrible person for not writing anything in such a long time. Honestly though, my life really isn't that interesting other than my job. And my job sounds so weird when I try to explain it to people that I think I should give up. How do I say I'm a doctor when I don't see patients?
Right now I'm on my Cytology rotation. The majority of the work is interpreting Pap smears. So now if you guys ever have questions about Pap tests I am your woman. I recently finished my Autopsy rotation (reeeeeally cool stuff) and a Neuropathology rotation (where we mainly diagnose brain tumors).
I have had some fun lately. Jenstew came into town for a day and we had a great time strolling down the beach at Discovery Park in search of baby seals. I can hear the seals in the evenings from my porch but the only one I have ever seen on the beach was dead and stinky. I had another friend from medschool come out and visit me too. She's in orthopedic surgery at Utah (Jenny, you might run into her if you interview there).
For Memorial Day weekend I went to Whidbey Island with John and his family. It was really fun and relaxing. We stayed at a little cabin near the beach and ended up talking, playing cards, and eating lots of food all weekend. I also was busy studying but that's par for the course. John got a remote control airplane for his birthday and ended up finally building it and flying it on the big old army base on the island. Unfortunately it was a very low budget model and I don't think it ever made it more than 20 meters before crashing. Oh well.
Now the fun is over and I really have to buckle down and study for boards (again!!) This time I'm taking Step 3 and it is (hopefully) the last one before I get my full medical license. It is a 2 day computerized test and the test has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm learning in residency. I'm also using vacation days for the test. No I'm not bitter that I have to take the test, why do you ask? In my my pathologists should be exempt from Step 3 and the stupid clinical skills exam too. That's all from me. Let me know what you guys are up to and feel free to visit me in Seattle anytime!
Labels: Bonnie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home