crazy goings on at Stanford
Have you all heard about the latest news at stanford? Apparently a girl who wasn't a student pretended to a be a freshman and lived in the dorms for the entire year:
http://daily.stanford.edu/article/2007/5/24/imposterCaught
http://daily.stanford.edu/article/2007/5/25/yearbookForcedKimsExposure
Well, I hope you all had a great memorial day weekend. My parents came out for the weekend, so that was fun.
Nothing too much is new here . . . Let me see, I think my last post was in march . . . I passed by quals at the end of March and I finished the semester a few weeks ago. I'm taking a summer class which I'm pretty excited about, it's on monitoring indoor air pollution. We're going to get to go to a few peoples houses and make some actual measurements . . . ah the things that are exciting to a grad student who does computer modeling and never gets out into the field. I'm a nerd and I know it!
Next month I'll be doing a little bit of traveling. In the beginning of June, I'm going to Anne (Berry)'s wedding in Pennsylvania. Then towards the end of June, I'm going to Jeb's family reunion in northern Michigan (Potasky). It's going to be right on Lake Michigan, so I'm sure it'll be very scenic (and a welcome break from the Texas heat).
Jenny, the pictures from your wedding looked beautiful. I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. I hope you're all doing well.
-Heather
Labels: Heather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home