Roller Coasters
First of all, to respond to previous posts:
Babs-- I absolutely LOVE the Pottery Barn bear! He is so cute!!! I agree with Marisa and Amanda that you can't wait for a boy to buy you cute things. Besides, I like the "Independent Women" spirit. It makes me wish that I was earning money beyond this summer . . . I made a similar comment to Patrick about earning money last Monday when we were in Mountain View, actually. I remembered how easy it was to buy things and go out to eat when I had disposable income during my year off.
Marisa-- Sorry about the soap. Did your other ones make it all right or do you have all sorts or random scents in your suitcase.
Amanda-- Thanks for making me laugh with the mental picture of you and JR at IKEA using string to tie things to the car.
And now my random news:
Yesterday, John and I decided that it would be fun to spend our last free weekday before school starts at Six Flags St. Louis. To put things in perspective, I would rate the rides in this park as more high impact than the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk but probably less crazy than Great America. The park has about six big coasters-- three which go upside down and two of those huge rattling wooden ones. The lines weren't long, so we got to do everything. Except-- halfway through the day, I realized that roller coasters just aren't as much fun as they used to be. Somehow, those steep drops that make you feel like you left your stomach behind, those neck-wrenching upside down loops, and those high speed curves just aren't as thrilling as they were in high school. During one particularly jarring wooden coaster, I actually found myself looking forward to the end of the ride rather than wishing it was longer. Aarrgghh-- does this mean I'm getting old? However, at least I can take consolation in the fact that I still love water rides :)
Okay, now I'm off to go shopping-- not for cute fun stuff but for the last of the back to school stuff. Missouri is having a tax free weekend on school supplies, computer supplies, and clothing and shoes, so the stores are probably going to be insanely crowded.
--Jenny
Labels: Jenny

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home