Sunday, December 05, 2004

Marisa is a superstar!

The Tuscon Half-Marathon is HUGE...I wanted to post this on Marisa's behalf!! Congrats Marisa!!
I miss you all.
-babs
--------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I can't get the blog to work... ?!? It might be this computer. But I have to share my big news!

This morning I ran the Tucson Half-Marathon!

It was the ultimate worst physical pain I have everexperienced. The course was mostly downhill, forcing major pounding on the joints. By mile 8, it felt like the bones in my knees and ankles were smashing against each other with every step. It was torture.

I have to say - Joe kept me going. He was a great source of motivation. I wanted to stop and walk, but he wouldn't let me! He kept feeding me chocolate GU (disgusting energy goop that's easy to digest during a run) and making me drink water and keep running! Icould not have done it without him.

Frankly, I am still amazed that I did it. I got up at 4:30 am and ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 25 minutes. It's a true accomplishment for me. Now I am suffering inflamed sore muscles that make me limp like a 99-year-old woman and whimper with every movement. Long distance running is similar to law school in that you accumulate massive amounts of both pain and pride.

My big reward? Studying! I have 2 exams and 2 papers.I'm at the library now. Fortunately, studying requires a minimum of physical exertion. My eyes may be the only part of my body that don't ache at this moment!Hope everyone is doing well!

Love, Marisa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home