Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Money Talks

So...I'm supposed to meet the CFO today in a small seminar Q&A lunch session today. Since he apparently is taking roll call and will be expecting each of us to have a question for him, I thought I do research on him. I noticed in his bio that he had been a partner at "Robert M. Bass Investor Group." Robert M. Bass....hmmmm that name sounds familiar.

Well you remember my freshman roommate, Margaret? I googled RMB just to be sure and sure enough found him: RMB (<-- Click on the link). But one thing I didn't realize was that he was the 147th richest person in the world in 2003 and that Forbes mag actually tracks these people! His bio is wrong though, he has three kids, but I recognize his face, having met him when M moved in.

Can I just say, this explains so much! Why M came with nothing and bought everything brand new for anything: moving into the dorms, ski trip, sandals she broke, formals, etc. Why her dad's secretary arranged everything. Why she FedEx-ed her clothes instead of carrying luggage. Funny, I remember talking more to her mom than she ever did that year. I can go on... So, googled M and found this article (<-- Click on the link). It made me sad to see how money talks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home