Formosa
Naruwan! I'm writing you from the beautiful island of Taiwan. I've only got a couple days left here as I'll be returning to the states on new year's day.
I hope everyone's had a nice holiday...there's been a millions things going on since my last post, but most of it is pretty mundane.
I gave my two weeks notice at the start of the month and had my two easiest weeks of work ever. It was strangely satisfying to be leaving. =) At the same time, I was actually kind of sad to be going, because there are a few good friends who I will miss seeing everyday.
I found a really nice apartment in a great complex with covered parking, three pools, and a gym. Before going to Taiwan, I did a bunch of furniture shopping, but I'm not even close to being done...that is the scary thing. But, I'm really looking forward to setting up my own place, and my parents have been very supportive, which just adds to the excitement.
I celebrated my 25th birthday. Some photos from the party can be found at the following link: Birthday Pix (<--Click on the link). The last few photos are from a dinner party that Patrick and I went to the night after my birthday party.
Other than that, I've just been enjoying my sort-of vacation in Taiwan (as you know, family vacations are never "vacation"). I've been doing a lot of shopping and eating...I think I've must of gained about 10 pounds here. I also did a four day tour of the island, seeing the sights and learning more about the native cultures here.
I'm looking forward to going home. At the same time, as excited I am about my new place and starting my new job, I'm not looking forward the the initial anxiety of moving and getting settled. Erg, hopefully you'll have some time to hang out with me, Char. There's definitely going to be a little transition period for me to get used to living by myself, with no roommates.
Happy new year everyone! Hope to hear of all your news soon! (i.e. post to the blog, hint! hint!)
Labels: babs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home