Sunday, January 09, 2005

addicted to the pain

So Phoenix ALSO has a half-marathon... And I ran it today! Another 13.1 miles.

I was considering the idea, then at the last minute I signed up. It's the Rock n Roll Marathon, with local bands every mile and cheerleaders and 30,000 (!) runners on a course through downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe. A much bigger deal than Tucson. John McCain started the race. I went by myself - Joe and my mom cheered for me along the way! Seeing them gave me a motivating boost.

It's weird - pure misery for 2 hours and 30 minutes, followed by the greatest high. I am greatly astonished to learn that I can run two half-marathons in one month. :)

Joe and I are coming to LA Jan. 28-30. We're driving after school on Friday. It would be awesome if we could see you and JR, Amanda. We're staying with Joe's sister in Culver City.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

good god marisa! another marathon! you are a nut! a very cool nut! let me see how many more explamation points I can squeeze out!!! =)

1/22/2005 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home