Tuesday, August 16, 2005

working girl


So I'm adjusting to the working life... waking up at 6 am is not my favorite! I've been spoiled by grad school! Weekends are gold. Last weekend Joe and I went to a going-away party for a friend on top of Mt. Lemmon and picnicked among pine trees and fresh mountain breezes. We also went for a hike in a canyon and saw a bobcat and three deer. And I read a great book called "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down" by Anne Fadiman, about a culture clash when pediatricians try to care for a Hmong child with epilepsy.

Here is a picture of me after a heavenly Swedish massage! My parents treated me to a spa day (my first!) after the misery of the bar - I have more photos at www.flickr.com/photo/mpavlik - I adored it! When I am rich, I will have a massage every day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

Marisa!! You look so refreshed & relaxed!

Next time we're in the same town, lets do a mini (i.e. within budged) spa day together!

I hope work is going well for you.

8/17/2005 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home