Long overdue
Hi everyone!! I'm long overdue for a post. Work has been CRAaaa-zaY, but a good crazy. I actually like the work I do & the people I work with (...although one of my bosses - and I have many - gives me heartburn and NOT in a good way...) , plus it's not everyday I get a $40 bottle of champagne at the end of a major deliverable!
What else? I've gone a couple more times in-door rock climbing and decided that I like it so much I bought some gear! Although, I'm not too keen on my climbing shoes...I figure I'll climb in those for a year & if I'm still doing it, then I treat myself to a really nice pair. I must say that my gear is quite color coordinated - I'm such a girl. I climbed three 5.8 routes in a row the last time I went, which is a really really big deal for me. I did end up with a slightly scraped-up, bloody elbow at the end of one of them. I also did 2 routes half blind. I lost one of my contacts while climbing. I don't know why I thought I could still climb half blind, but it really is a lot harder if you can only see out of one eye!
I bought my tickets to Vegas for Marisa's bachelorrette today!! It's going to be super fun. I haven't been there in a couple years. Incidentally, if any of you are going to the wedding for sure & want to split hotel, let me know. I think I may book reservations soon.
I've recently discovered the wonders of community college, where they have all these really cool classes for really cheap. I'm taking a drawing class this summer! I think painting & pottery is next on my list. I feel like a kid again! Plus it's a great excuse for me to get off of work early.
I recently played volleyball again, after not going to the weekly sports shindig for like 6 months. I'm happy to report that I actually don't suck entirely at it anymore. I've come a long way from running & ducking away from the ball when I first started playing last year. Although, the boys like to do sports that involve a lot of running, like ultimate or football. Not my cup of tea, I already do enough running with my weekly paved trail run.
Other than that, not much else beyond hanging out with friends & going up to the city a few times to hang out with people there.
Hope you're all doing great! Keep the posts coming!!
Labels: babs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home