Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Any New Television Obsessions?

So I was sitting through the most mind-numbing lecture on infectious diseases this morning when I suddenly thought of a good random question to ask on the blog. I seriously considered pulling out my laptop in the middle of lecture to relieve the boredom of hearing about every single species of bacteria that is capable of causing disease but two things stopped me: frist, I realized that I am not motivated to learn this stuff on my own and need to pay attention during lecture; but more importantly, the fire alarm started going off. I swear-- we have more false alarms in our building than I've ever had anywhere. I blame it on the fact that we share space with some science labs. However, the great thing is that our lecturers have never stopped talking during any of these. So over the loud speaker, we have blaring sirens and this monotone voice that says "Attention. Attention. There is a fire in this building. Please move to the nearest exit. Do not use the elevator" But our lecturers just keep on talking and our tech guy has found a device that will actually cover up the blinking alarm light so that it doesn't interfere with the PowerPoint projection. Anyway, this is perfectly fine with me since I know our lecturers would just keep us late if we didn't keep going through the false alarms, but I always worry that one day it's not going to be a false alarm and my class will be diligently taking notes as the building burns down around us.

Getting back to the blog, the random question that popped into my head during lecture was what sorts of TV shows you all are watching now. I remember when we used to all get together for Roswell, but of course, that show is long gone now, as are a host of other shows that I know some of us used to watch (Buffy, Angel, Friends, Star Trek, etc.) Therefore, what are you all turning to for mindless entertainment now? I must admit that I've discovered a new addiction this year: Law and Order Special Victims Unit. For some reason, I'm not two crazy about the other Law and Orders, but I like the two main detectives on SVU (now that I've finished psychiatry, it's also really amusing to hear the forensic psychiatrist talk). I also regularly watch The Apprentice because the contestants amuse me. And yes, I must admit that I still do catch ER, although that will probably end this season when Noah Wyle leaves.

Anyway, speaking of SVU, I should probably go get some reading done so that I can watch tonight. Hope things are good well :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

I have a bunch, now I don't have internet at home:
- CSI reruns on SpikeTV
- Lost
- NCIS
- Alias
- Scrubs (when I actually remember it's on Tues nights and NOT Thurs nights)

2/15/2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger Marisa said...

Oddly, I have an aversion to legal-type shows (L&O anything, Boston Legal, etc). The inaccuracies make my head hurt. A defense atty would not just SIT THERE and let the client confess...!

I do make an effort to watch "Desperate Housewives" b/c it's hilarious and fills me with glee. That's all - we don't have cable.

2/15/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger Marisa said...

P.S. Jenny, you might find this amusing. Remember my mad crush on the gorgeous Stegner fellow Ryan Harty during sophomore year? He published a book called "Bring Me Your Saddest Arizona" - look it up on Amazon.

And his wife has a book out too called "How to Breathe Underwater." Interesting!

2/15/2005 5:37 PM  
Blogger char said...

-That 70's Show
-Alias (a bit)
-24
I watch a lot of TV though. . .hehe

3/16/2005 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home