drop it like it's hot
Joe and I enjoyed a lovely weekend in LA - I was overcome with nostalgia for my brief 3 month tenure in the city of Coffee Beans and a million movie theatres and crazy expensive parking. We visited with Joe's siblings and got to see Amanda's swanky apt and enjoy the most delicious brunch ever at Toast. I am in love with Toast. I had the favorite scramblette involving sun dried tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, feta and a lot of YUM. And thick slices of toast and diced fruit at the peak of sweetness. Thanks, Amanda! Joe enjoyed meeting you and JR particularly since he's never met my Stanford friends before.
LA requires too much driving though! Too many hours in the car for a weekend jaunt. (Luckily the awesome outlets at Palm Springs break up the tedium somewhat.)
What else is new... I'm working a lot with the domestic violence clinic. It's heart-breaking work, these women come in with the saddest stories. Recently I interviewed a mail-order bride from the Phillipines whose husband beat her up and a woman whose husband molested her daughter. It's the stuff of nightmares. The clients come in and cry telling their stories and I start to cry too. Very professional, Marisa.
Last night I went clubbing with my roommate. Sad to say, my affection for the nightlife is waning. I still adore dancing, but people at clubs are not interested in dancing, they are interested in hooking up. I made a bet with this random football player guy at the bar and when I lost the bet, he insisted I kiss him. I REFUSED of course and then he got mad at me. !!! I mean, this is just not fun. This is freaking ridiculous. Ugh.
Have a good week!
Labels: Marisa

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home