Saturday, February 26, 2005

i'm at a place called vertigo

Yay! We got U2 tickets. I am delirious with excitement - April 15 will be a night to remember. We bought the absolute WORST seats in the arena - I think we're up in the rafters behind the screen - but the tickets were insanely expensive.

Speaking of exorbitant costs, I ordered all my graduation junk yesterday. Once again, I am forced to shell out $120 for a flimsy polyster graduation gown. It's purple stripes and a funky puffy hat - a major fashion disaster. I was amused to learn that it's called a "doctor of law gown." I told Joe I'll be a doctor before he is! Please note I will only respond to "Doctor Marisa" or "Marisa, Esquire."

Plus - you know - announcements and dorky class pictures and diploma frames and blah. I am bleeding money.

Everyone thinks I should be wildly excited about finishing school and I'm really not feeling it. I look ahead and see many layers of hell: MPRE in 2 weeks, character & fitness report, a minor thing called the bar exam, finding a job, etc. None of these inspire glee in my heart. The only thing I am excited about is moving in with my boyfriend this summer.

I got my first divorce! I helped a client fill out divorce papers. It was a long and tedious process. I think people should be warned - it only takes 1 form to start a marriage but it takes about 70 forms to end the marriage. To get a divorce, you have to hate your spouse more than you hate paperwork.

What do you all have planned for spring break?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home