Draw Groups-- Revisited
First of all, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA! I hope you managed to have some fun despite the first day of classes. And by the way, your present is coming :)
Today we selected second year study carrels. I thought that I had outgrown the concept of draw when I left Stanford, but boy was I wrong. Here's a summary of how this process worked: Everyone in the class picks a number 1-125. Once you get your number, you can then choose a carrel and put as many people as you want into that carrel. The carrels vary in quality: all have fridges, but some have microwaves, couches, sinks, chalkboards, coffee pots, etc. Also, while most carrels hold six people, there are seven carrels (all of which tend to have better features) that hold 7-9 people. Sound like a mess? Well, I managed to draw 121 (yes, that means that only 4 people in the class did worse than I did). But luckily one person in my group drew 8, so we were able to get the final large carrel and put eight people in it. We have a microwave and a rickety couch, and my friend and I have decided to keep alcohol in our fridge for "study breaks." Anyway, now that I have a study carrel, I suppose that I actually have to study.
Here are some personal notes:
Babs-- congrats on making it through your first year at work and getting to keep that signing bonus!
Marisa-- I agree that you are a good person for making a Friday morning run to the airport. Has school started for you?
Char-- how was your trip to Seattle?
Amanda-- let us know how your birthday went!
Labels: Jenny

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home