I'm Going to Disney World!
Unfortunately, I'm not leaving for two weeks and I have to study for finals first.
In case you haven't figured it out, the subject line is in response to Marisa's question about Spring Break-- the last official Spring Break I'll ever have. We just had our scheduling meeting for third year clerkships a couple weeks ago, and we were given the depressing news that we'd be working 6 days a week with four weeks of the year off and a few National holidays. The sad thing is that in addition to that guarenteed time, we are only guarenteed four free weekends (it turns out to be a lot more than that since some of the ambulatory rotations don't have weekend obligations at all, but still, I'm not going to have a lot of control over my own free time for a while.)
Why did I decide on Disney World? Well, first of all, I read Amanda's inspiring e-mail. Secondly, it was one of the few vacations that fit with John and my meager budget. I wanted to visit some of you all, but unfortunately, you either don't have spring break or have a completely different spring break than I do :( I also planned another post-boards vacation with some of my medical school friends recently. We're going to go to Vegas and the Grand Canyon at the beginning of June just before 3rd year officially begins.
In other news, I've been up to my eyeballs lately in Palm Pilot research. I'm working out some bulk purchasing deals for third year med students, and I've been talking to Clerkship directors, upperclassmen, and product reps rather than studying Infectious Disease. I also spent two afternoons dress shopping for MedBall (the annual formal event for students and faculty-- John is one of the two student coordinators so we get to sit with the Dean of the Medical School at dinner). It reminded me of our outings to the Jessica McClintock outlet before ChiO formals. Sadly, I didn't find anything in my price range, so I'm wearing an old ChiO formal dress, but at least no one at the med school has seen it :)
Anyway, I should probably go learn now. Hope everyone is doing well!
P.S. Amanda and Bonnie-- did you know that Orson Scott Card finally finished his Bean series? Shadow of the Giant is apparently out now. I haven't read it yet, but I'm thinking it might be a good spring break read.
P.P.S. Good luck on the match, Bonnie!
Labels: Jenny

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home