Sunday, April 03, 2005

Where does the time go?

So, like Marisa, I must now lament the end of my last spring break ever. I woke up this morning and tried to picture the next 14 months of my life. It was a bit depressing. I have one more block of courses to go (Hematology/ Oncology and OB/ Gyn) until second year officially ends on May 13th. Then, I get to cram for the dreaded Boards for three weeks before taking a last hurrah vacation to Vegas and some Arizona/ Utah national parks with some med school friends. After that, I start third year-- where I will be able to count my number of full weekends off on two hands. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel-- fourth year is entirely elective here, which means I'm free to do away rotations, "reading months," TA months, and I'll even get 2-3 months of completely free time.

Anyway, from the Blog posts, it sounds like many of you had a more exciting March than I did. I spent the first 2/3 of it memorizing lists of diseases and treatments in anticipation of my Infectious Disease Final, but there were a couple highlights. First, MedBall, which John and one of our classmates was in charge of. They did an amazing job-- all night, students and faculty came up to them to say that this was the best MedBall they'd ever attended. I'll try to attach a picture of us at the event. And, of course, there was Spring Break. Like JR, John also enjoyed the Buzz Lightyear ride where you get to go around and shoot things. I was a fan of the Animal Kingdom park safari ride (which sorta reminded me of the ride in San Diego's Wild Animal Park), and I was very proud of myself after we went on the Mission Space ride in Epcot Center. This ride spins you around in an attempt to simulate what it feels like to be in space, and before you go on, you have to hear at least 50 warnings telling you not to ride if you've ever experienced motion sickness or if you think that you might be motion sick. Better yet, they tell you just before you get on that you're not supposed to look right or left or to close your eyes while the ride is moving and they put "space emesis" bags right next to your seats. Luckily, no one on our portion of the ride got motion sick.

That said, I'll end this post with some very belated responses to some of the previous posts.
Bonnie-- Congratulations on matching at University of Washington! There are several fourth years from WashU who matched there in various programs, and they were all super-excited. I'm definitely not looking forward to all the politics surround the Match, especially if I end up Couples Matching.
Marisa-- I liked the pictures of your spring break trip. You should send us copies of your graduation pictures in that $120 gown :) When do you take your Bar exam? Also, where are you and Joe going to be living?
Amanda-- Your cat is huge! I know you've told me that before, but that Rum bottle definitely added some perspective. I bet she could beat Tiger up if she wanted to.
Char-- Have you decided where you're going next year? How is the Bio44 CA work? Are you managing to avoid Melanie and Shyamala?
Babs-- Great housewarming pictures. It was nice to see some of the Kimball people again. Do you live close to them? Have you been clubbing with Patrick in San Francisco lately? Tell him I said 'hi!'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home