Wow, I haven't posted in a while, I'm getting so behind! My life has been interviews and work lately. Although I just got back from Tahoe and snowboarding. Also, I guess my interviews weren't completely boring. In fact they were almost too exciting! One week I spent just going from one interview to another. USC flew me out just to give me good food and motor boat me and a few other applicants to Catalina Island where they own some of the best property. When it comes to marine labs, I can't believe this one. They sure use their money in funny ways. The dorms were seriously posh condos by the beach! I then had to be whisked away to UW, where the first day was spent on the school's HUGE research vessel cruising around Puget Sound. I spent the next three days in interviews, first with the Oceanography dept, then the Biology dept.. Finally I took a trip with the other Biology applicants to one of my fav places in the world: Friday Harbor.
However, when I hear about all of you finishing up with school and starting careers, I feel so behind!!! What have I done with my life? Here I am, the girl who used to have too much ambition. I was going to graduate early, go to med school, and should have been starting my career as a doctor by now.
But no, I HAD to stay an extra year being a college senior, had to spend a year just having fun teaching, spend another half of a year realizing I hated med school, spend another half year teaching high school, and spend a year applying to grad school. My life had better be directed and happy from now on! I swear!
NOW, I have no idea where I want to go to grad school. Berkeley? UW? UCLA? and all those schools that haven't gotten back to me! poop on you! (although, I still am wishfully hoping for acceptance letters from some of them!) I've gotten into a number of schools, but how am I to decide what will be good for my career in the end? I know I want to do marine biology and become a professor, but what type of research will also be the most fun? Haha, weird to think that what I want is something fun, but also something that can make me successful. Is that too much to ask? Is that even possible? I'm still wondering. . . However, as some people have already said, at least I dont' have any bad choices at this point?
Sigh, someone needs to give my brain a good whipping.
Labels: char

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home